The State Medical Faculty of Bangladesh was established in 1914 for the purpose of holding examinations and awarding diplomas to L.M.F. and M.M.F doctors. After partition of Bengal in 1947, The State Medical Faculty of East Pakistan was created for the same purpose. Subsequently compoundership, Dresscrship, Para-medical Technicians, Medical Assistant and Palli Chikitshak courses have been introduced and this Faculty has been holding examinations and awarding diplomas and certificates to the successful candidates.
To prescribe syllabi for Medical Assistants, Palli Chikitshaks and all kinds of Technicians namely, Health and Sanitary, Laboratory Medicine, Radiology & Imaging, Dentistry, Sanitary Inspec-torship, Physiotherapy, Rediotherapy, Occupational therapy.
To lay down standard of teaching of the student by Government institutions conducting approved courses of studies, including practical training and field work.
- To hold preliminary and final examinations twice a year in the courses of studies of the above categories of students.
- From 1962 offering paramedical courses
- From 1976 offering Medical Assistant Training course
- Between 1979-83 offered Palli Chitikshaks course